Uses & Applications
A natural deodorant and disinfectant, Activated Carbon is one of the finest
absorptive and adsorptive agents known. Orally administered, these odorless
and tasteless powdered having an amazing ability to extract and neutralize
thousands of times their own weight in gases, heavy metals, toxins, poisons
and other chemicals. Activated Carbon is without rival as an agent for
cleansing and assisting the healing process of the body, and orally
administered activated charcoal has proven to be very effective in
preventing many intestinal infections.
In its numerous applications, activated carbon represents a number of
- Adsorption: the most well-known
mechanism, through physical adsorption or chemisorptions
- Reduction: e.g., removal of chlorine from water is based on
chemical reduction reactions
- Catalysis: activated carbon can catalyze a number of chemical
conversions, or can be a carrier of catalytic agents (e.g. precious
- Carrier of biomass: support material in biological filters
- Carrier of chemicals: e.g., slow release applications colorant:
activated carbon's function in liquorices is its color
is the common factor in numerous applications.
To list a few are:
- Our various grade of activated carbons are
purified specially for pharmaceutical use and are used during the
manufacturing of all bulk drugs, pharmaceutical, antibiotics, vitamins,
fine chemicals and food products.
- It is being used in the filters meant for air & water purification to
remove taste, odour, organic matters, hazardous industrial wastes.
- It is used in the beverage industry.
- It is being used for the decolorizing of sugar and sweeteners.
- Used for the off gas treatment of of waste incinerators.
- Color/Odour correction in wines & fruit juices.
- Due to its large surface area & inert nature, low ash activated
carbon is used as catalyst carrier.
- Supports material in biological filters.
- Known as the universal antidote, it is used in hospital emergency
rooms to neutralize drugs & poisons.
- Activated Charcoal powder can be used to assist the Immune System to
do it's important work by helping to remove heavy metals, such as the
Mercury in Silver Amalgam Tooth Fillings.
- Activated Charcoal powder can be used to draw-out the poison from Bee
Stings or Snake Bites, or heal Bruises/Ulcerations/Inflammation and
Injuries by using a Activated Charcoal Poultice.
- Activated Charcoal powder can be used for Food Poisoning, Indigestion,
Gas and Colon Problems.
- Activated Charcoal powder can be used
with a little Flax Oil for Inflammation of the Eyes.